Susie shares her highlights for 2013:
Family day out
Why not try taking your children out for the day in London on five different types of transportation (they’ll love it!). Take the Tube to Westminster – walk across Westminster Bridge and get on the London Eye. Take the boat from the Eye pier to Greenwich. Visit the new and beautiful Cutty Sark, which was rescued from the fire and is now a fabulous venue after a huge restoration. Following this take the boat to North Greenwich/02.
Take the cable car across the River Thames and finally the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) back to Bank and then the tube home. It may be exhausting but it’ll be a lot of fun! Let us book these services for you!
Make sure you fit in a visit to Café Colbert, the hottest brasserie in London, situated on Sloane Square. Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi were in there at the next table to me just the other week!
The Royal Mews
The Royal Mews is an important branch of the Lord Chamberlain's Office and provides road transport for The Queen and members of the Royal Family by both horse-drawn carriage and motor car. It’s also one of the finest working stables still in existence, responsible for the training of the Windsor Greys and Cleveland Bays, the horses that pull the royal carriages. The Royal Mews has just appointed their first female coachman – I was lucky enough to meet her there –well worth a visit!
RHS Chelsea Flower Show
I always think the start of the summer is signalled by the arrival of RHS Chelsea Flower Show. As well as being the most prestigious annual gardening showcase in the UK and an event that is recognized by both professional and amateur gardeners from around the globe, 2013 promises to be an extra special year as the show celebrates its 100 year anniversary in May! Plan your trip so you can take advantage of this stunning show and enjoy the latest trends and designs in flora and fauna and see some show-stopping gardens – be warned, it’s likely you may want to re-design your entire garden afterwards!
Susie has been doing this for twenty five years, so she knows a thing or two! Here she shares a few of her secrets as to what makes the perfect vacation, celebration, event or visit to the UK.
- London is 'a series of villages'. Don't always walk on our main streets, turn a corner and discover a village pub, corner shop, local school - soak up the atmosphere! Great areas for village life: Chelsea, Kensington, Pimlico, Belgravia.
- My favourite 'Royal Residence' is Clarence House - you could move in tomorrow!
- My favourite garden is at Highgrove. The Prince is continually changing and reinventing his space - well worth the visit.
- Our Irish drivers sing to their guests - and there may be a few leprachauns to complete the ride!
- To pick up the latest Royal gossip, take Tea with one of our Royal experts.
- Yoga tips - for those of you who practice Yoga, ask us for the nearest classes to keep fit and healthy when you reach our shores...
- All you keen Theatre-goers - order your drinks for the interval at the Bar before you take your seats - they'll be waiting for you when the show breaks for intermission.
- For peace and quiet, and 'getting away from it all' let us plan an island retreat on Scotland's West Coast - great months are May & June, September & October. Around the time of the Summer Solstice, you only experience two hours of darkness a night!! You'll be blown away by the fresh air and stunning views...
- Susie recently spotted George Clooney at a luxury hotel in Ascot - with his Italian girlfriend - we can't guarantee it, but our guests do report they have spotted similar celebrities and even members of the Royal Family. So always travel NoteWorthy Style....